Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Making the Bed and Other Youthful Misconceptions

When I was a kid, I had a lot of ideas about what adulthood and motherhood would be like. For instance, I had the general idea that when I became an adult, there were certain things that I would automatically do, even though I never really did them as a kid. Things like making the bed, or getting up early, or exercising, or having a clean house all the time. (Laughable, I know). I guess I just figured that something would click as I got older, and suddenly I would start doing the things that my mom always did.

Well, something must have malfunctioned, because the click never occurred. I rarely make the bed. I don't get up any earlier than I absolutely have to. Daily exercise consists of chasing after a strong-willed three-year-old interspersed with the very occasional push up. And, try as I may, my house is never in the pristine condition that I wish it was.

Well, I recently discovered that I have one less thing to worry about. Julia, ambitious child that she is, enjoys making the bed. (Not hers, just mine.) And boy does she do a bang-up job. She surprised me a couple times last week with her new awesome talent. Take a look.


Not only does she put all the pillows in the house on our bed, she also graces it with her own beloved blankies.


And, who doesn't need a table and tea set in their room?

Oh, baby, even a snack bowl filled with fruit and carrots.

Now I just need her to learn how to fold our towels into cute little animals like the folks at Carnival Cruise Lines. Then all my dreams will have come true.

1 comment:

  1. My Bria loves to make my bed, too. Funny that her own bed is always left unmade in the morning. So I make hers. I guess it's a good trade off!

    ReplyDelete