Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hi, It's Me, Chopped Liver

I love my children very, very much, and I know that they love me. But I am the Mommy, and I recognize that while Daddy is Disneyland, I fall somewhere between the grocery store and the neighborhood park.

During a rare moment that both Craig and I spent snuggling with our oldest child last night, I felt like we should do some family bonding. I asked Julia what she loves about Daddy, and, of course, I wasn't surprised when she answered, "I love when he plays with me." Then we talked about what we love about Julia...that she is so loving, such a wonderful big sister, and so helpful.

My turn.

Time for the fateful question: "Julia, what do you love about Mommy?"

"I love when she puts snacks in my lunch and when she cleans the light bulbs."

???

Lunch packin' and lightbulb cleaning. Apparently, that's what I'm here for.

3 comments:

  1. hey, clean light bulbs is essential! ellie is always looking at lights so, i'm sure she'd value clean bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, my kids think that my favorite thing to do is clean. And boss them around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it would only have been worse if your celebrity husband retorted 'you asked'- not that that has ever happened at our house!

    ReplyDelete