Earlier this week, I decided to pull out some fall-themed books. "Oh, My, Pumpkin Pie," "The Littlest Seed," and "Leaf Dance," among others. I put them in a basket in our living room to gear us up for the impending change in seasons. Because, you know, the first day of fall is supposed to be tomorrow.
The only problem is, it's not really fall. Not even close. It's still summer.
Yes, it's slightly (very slightly) less hot, but the same general summer weather still prevails. No windows open at night. No playing outside. No rest for the air conditioning. And certainly no pants.
A little over a year ago, I wrote this. It was October 3, and things were finally cooling down. I was in a celebratory mood, full of hope for the cool months to come.
Then, sadly, a month later, I followed that up with this. Before I knew it, it was November, and I was using the a/c again.
Now I'm afraid that fall will never really get here. And putting pumpkins on the counter, or getting out the fall books, or organizing the kids' sock/pants drawers will not change a thing.
Oh well. At least apples are on sale.
that's funny...just posted the exact same sentiments.
ReplyDelete