Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer Hits

Oh, wow. I just realized that we are already almost five weeks into our ten-week summer vacation.

By some miracle, I am enjoying this summer much more than I have enjoyed summers past. I have a feeling that this has something to do with the fact that I don't have an itty-bitty baby to take care of right now (though caring for Mr. Spencer does come with its own unique set of challenges. But he's not a newborn or a 1-year-old, and that's saying something.) The fact that Julia and Savanna are both older and more helpful this year is making a difference as well, as is my determination to squeeze all manner of quality time in with little Lex before she leaves the nest and heads to kindergarten in five-and-a-half short weeks. (Gasp.)

The real, true secret though, may actually lay in the treasure that is our own backyard swimming pool, which we have never had the joy of experiencing in eight, blistering, sweltering, unending summers here in the valley of the sun. (And let me tell you, it is a treasure.) We are only out there a couple hours a day, but that little break from routine summer boredom truly makes all the difference in the world.

But thankfully, we've been blessed with other things to keep us busy as well. After all, summer is a great time for...


{eating cereal at every meal}


{enjoying cousins}


{overcoming your fears and graduating from swim lessons}


{road trips}


{visiting the beach}


{hotel sleepovers}


{lunch together}


{indoor roller skating}


{parking in the garage...for the first time in a LONG time!}


{organizing}


{learning to do laundry}


 {swimmer's ear}


{swimmer's hair}


{celebrating the handsome Daddy in our lives}


{Cars. Lot and lots of Cars.}

In between lounging, swimming, and extra applications of deodorant, we are looking forward to one more California trip, and five more weeks of sleeping in, wearing only bathing suits and pajamas all day, staying up late, playdates, sandwiches for dinner, and not doing our hair.

1 comment:

  1. I want to come over and swim. That sounds like an awesome way to pass the summer.

    ReplyDelete