Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

{I Wish They All Could Be} Arizona Girls

We snuck in a trip to the beach while we were in San Diego for Fantasia's wedding this past weekend. (Totally Craig's idea...I was stressed that we wouldn't be able to hit the beach and still have time to eat lunch, shower, sneak in a nap for Spencer, drop me off at Fan's hotel to take pics, and get the girls dressed and their hair done before the ceremony a few hours later. But it worked out, like it always does, despite my temporarily elevated blood pressure.) 

Spencer was enamored with the ocean, as I thought he might be, (Sand + Water makes for a happy toddler, you know) and Lexa was much more excited about the whole beach experience than she has been in times past. 

Since we didn't have a lot of time, the girls only got in for a quick dip (in which a riptide pulled them out and they had to be rescued by Daddy) and the rest of the time was spent gathering shells and attempting to build a sand castle with no sand toys. Grandma Linda was there to offer back-up with the kiddos and we all ended up having a blast even though the weather was gloomy and we were a little rushed. (Turns out, when you live in Phoenix, overcast skies are actually a really nice reprieve!)









I love my little beach bums and my let's-try-to-fit-in-every-thing-we-can-and-pretend-like-this-is-a-family-vacation-even-though-we-are-here-for-a-wedding hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment