Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Easter Scenes

Since Easter fell on General Conference Sunday this year (or, as I like to call it, "Church in Pajamas Day"), we were able to celebrate it at the leisurely pace that only parents truly enjoy. Conference was wonderful and uplifting and filled with lots of messages that felt like they were just for me. The kids puttered around, ate lots of candy, and watched intermittently. Despite the obvious emphasis placed on the Getting of Things with a holiday like this, we certainly try to help our children maintain a focus and appreciation on what truly matters: That Christ lives and loves us and that, because He lives, we have the hope for happiness and wholeness both here on Earth and in the eternities. 


And then, of course, there are the obligatory holiday rituals of baskets, egg hunting, and ridiculous amounts of candy. The kids got a double dose this year because, after our family Easter dinner, my mom did a bonus Easter egg hunt for the Arizona grand-kids. (Which really just means my kids and cousin Dryden, since Baby Kaden is only old enough to be wiggly and adorable and hasn't quite figured out Easter egg hunts yet.)

Hunt #1:




Hunt #2:




{Baby Kaden: not wiggly, but still adorable.}

Happy Easter, one month late!

2 comments:

  1. Church in pajamas and Easter egg hunts in a diaper?? There's just no way to beat that. Except if I had been there. I sure do miss those little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church in pajamas and Easter egg hunts in a diaper?? There's just no way to beat that. Except if I had been there. I sure do miss those little faces.

    ReplyDelete