Well friends, I'm doing something shameless. My sister Cyndie, who is mercifully blogging again after an almost unbearable hiatus, mentioned that she was thinking of doing a version of One Direction's "The Story of My Life" based on common Mommy dilemmas like endless laundry and dishes in the sink. So...
I fixated.
And then I totally copied her idea.
Hers is way more funny, I can tell you, and you can read it here. I promise you will love it. And, if you can forgive me for capitalizing on someone else's genius idea, you can read mine below.
Laundry is, after all, the very real, very true, very endless, story of this girl's life.
The Story of My Life
Sitting in these hampers, the clothes have been piling up for days.
They're nearly over-flowing, which means that it must be Monday.
I'm sick of doing laundry, so tired that I feel it in my bones.
"She did her best to keep up;" these words will be written on my stone.
So I'll be washing for hours.
All these clothes that smell like something sour.
Laundry soap, and Downy, dryer sheets,
Until it's all complete.
The story of my life,
I wash 6 loads
I dry them all,
and then I fold and fold.
It's lau-au-aundry day.
The story of my life,
all I can think:
"can't dry those shirts,
or they'll totally shrink."
The story of my life.
Sitting in these hampers, are stinky clothes that I have to touch.
Don't leave your socks balled-up please, I swear that it's not asking much.
If change were in your pockets, you know that I would steal it from you;
But sadly all that's in there are Barbie shoes, and sand, and lint, and goo.
So I'll be washing for hours.
All those clothes that smell like something sour.
Laundry soap, and Downy, then repeat,
Until it's all complete.
The story of my life,
I wash 6 loads
I dry them all,
and then I fold and fold.
It's lau-au-aundry day.
The story of my life,
I'm almost done,
but wait, your pants have rocks--
they weigh a ton.
The story of my life.
And then the clothes will sit for days 'til you put them away;
Make sure I get the baskets back by next Monday.
The story of my life,
I wash 6 loads
I dry them all,
and then I fold and fold.
It's lau-au-aundry day.
The story of my life,
and don't you dare
fill your hamper
with your clean underwear
The story of my life.
The story of my li-i-i-i-ife
The story of my li-i-i-i-ife
*Points and props to whoever can tell me where I totally ripped-off this title.
And no, Laura, you don't get to guess; I already know you know it. ;)
And no, Laura, you don't get to guess; I already know you know it. ;)
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Well, at least that's what we'll both tell One Direction. :) Love it. Love you!
ReplyDelete