Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Moving On


I am good at some things.

Moving is not one of them.

Which I why I am blogging instead of packing, like I should be.

Putting 5 years of my life into boxes is not easy. And, to make things even more fun, my old nemesis, "the grass is greener syndrome," has come back with a vengeance. (Okay, who am I kidding? He never really left.) Turns out, I start packing stuff in the kitchen and I find a good box for books, so I exit abruptly to start packing books in the den, leaving the bewildered contents of the cupboard strewn all over the counter. Etc., etc.

It will be a miracle if all of our belongings make it out of this house in the next two and a half weeks.


Our tiny family in late 2006 when we bought the house.


The current (sad) view from the front.

I keep looking around at our newly painted neutral wall color and thinking "this is not my house." But alas, for a few short more weeks it still is. And then life will carry us on another adventure (not too far from here, thank goodness) and I will weep and wail and gnash my teeth while I think about the amazing memories that I am leaving behind.

 Because, while I am horrible at moving, I am even worse at change.

3 comments:

  1. Where the heck are you guys moving?? It seems as though your whole ward has moved now:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so sad to see the end of an era.....I feel your pain!!! you will be so missed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is even worse for those of us being left behind {whimper whimper!}
    (Patti, not Frank because he would never whimper)

    ReplyDelete