While spending time today going through old emails and eliminating some things I no longer needed, I found a folder entitled "journal," which I had apparently created in an effort to maintain, for posterity, all of the funny happenings of my children. I guess I didn't get very far with that, because I only found one entry, dated some time in August of 2007. (This would make Julia just over two years old.) But oh, what an entry it is.
“A lot of times when we're in the car together, I point different things out to J to keep her occupied...balloons, airplanes, buses, whatever. She's started pointing things out to me, too. The other day in the car on the way to a doctor appointment, she pointed towards the windshield and said, 'Look, mommy!' I turned to see where she was pointing, then turned back around to look. 'What do you see? That bus?' 'No, Mommy, look!' Again, I turned around to see where she was pointing, and it was still towards the front of the car. I turned back around again looking for what she was pointing at. 'What is it, baby? That tree? An airplane?' 'LOOK!" she insisted. I still couldn't guess what she was talking about and said, 'I'm sorry, honey, I don't see what you're pointing at.'
'Look...a booger!'
Right in the tip of the finger I thought she was pointing with."
Posterity is so luck I documented that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment