It's hard to believe that pre-kindergarten jitters (mine, not Julia's) were being felt just a few short months ago, and now the school year has raced by and come to a close. Little Julie-Bean has grown so much during the last year, and we could not be more proud of her (though her 6-year old, sometimes surly attitude has us wishing that we could put off the teenage years indefinitely). I am not wishing the summer away by any means, but it will be so exciting to see J start the new school year not as a timid kindergartner but as a seasoned first grader. (Especially if she gets her beloved kindergarten teacher again, who has moved this year to teaching first grade....fingers crossed.) Likewise it will be nice for me to start the year as the seasoned mother of a first grader, and not the crying wreck that I was during the first few weeks of school last year.
Julia's Kindergarten Celebration was to die for, (or should I say to cry for?) complete with Pomp and Circumstance (which makes me want to cry just thinking about) and a Kindergarten song that all the kids sang to the tune of "Summer Lovin'". ("School days, driftin' away, but now it's time for first grade...") I couldn't decide if I should laugh or sob, so I went ahead and did both.
First day of school, 2010
Last day of school, 2011
The beloved Mrs. A
The wonderful Mrs. G
Cute classmate
Supportive Sisters
Proud parents
No comments:
Post a Comment