Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, May 5, 2011

More Hints (or Whiffs?) of Summer

Alexa came in from playing in the backyard this afternoon, and clinging to her was that lovely smell that we in my family call "playground." (You know, the playing-outside-smell that kids get that isn't quite sweat, but is almost as unpleasant.) Julia took one whiff and said, "It smells...it smells like..." I helped her out by inserting, "Lexa smells like playground. She's been playing outside." Julia was still struggling with a description of the smell until she finally concluded, "It smells like Attila."

Attila is the name of my sister's stinky, albeit friendly dog.

So, Lex got a bath, and I despondently admitted to myself that summer is here for good.

2 comments:

  1. How is it that they can spend a few moments outside and totally stink of the "playground" smell. I guess that smell equals fun (until it gets over 100 degress at least), then it just equals shear unpleasant torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the very smell you are referring to. And it is definitely here. Ack.

    ReplyDelete