In the weeks before Christmas, Craig was diligently working away on the computer, doing a secret project for me. I had no idea what it was, but we had a running joke that he was putting together a portrait of me from tiny little pictures of our girls, a la Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. (I tell you, being clueless does have its perks sometimes, 'cause I sure love a good surprise.) Naturally, my curiosity was piqued as the days went by and he started slamming his laptop shut any time I walked near him. And, try as I may, I could not get that sly fox (and I mean fox) to drop any helpful hints. I was even banned from our online credit card statement for the last few days of December because there was a transaction there that was sure to ruin the surprise. (Pure torture, I tell you. How the heck else was I supposed to stare at our credit card balance for hours at a time and will it to go back down?)
So, I was forced to wait patiently (and by "patiently," I mean not patiently at all) until December 25 to find out what all the weeks of secrecy were all about. And then I had to open all my other presents first. (Have I mentioned torture already?) Imagine my joy and shock when I opened this little gem: two years of my blog. In a book. Printed, published, and tied with a bow.
Look at that happy girl. She wasn't quite sure what she was getting into when she married her handsome, computer-literate husband who also happens to be a little sneaky. It sure paid off, though.
Did I already say best present ever?
that is a wonderful gift. we made a couple picture books this year too and really enjoy them.
ReplyDeleteBest. present. ever. given by any husband to any wife. you lucky lucky girl. Where did he do it through?
ReplyDeleteforget the present---- is that really how naturally cute you look in the mornings?
ReplyDeleteGame over-what a guy!! Bring that to park day next week-I wanna check it out!
ReplyDeleteWow. Way to go Craig. Seriously!
ReplyDelete