I am loving the amazing new dynamic of our little family. Snuggles are shared, kisses are freely given, and love abounds.
Unfortunately, that's about all that happens at our house. Nothing much else gets done, except sometimes we get dressed, and on rare occasion, I remember to help the girls brush their teeth in the morning. Oh yeah, and I breathe and blink pretty regularly.
That's right, folks, I am living in a world of half-done tasks. There's plenty of starting things...starting to empty the dishwasher, starting to clean a room, starting to check my email, starting to make dinner. The problem is there is absolutely no finishing of said tasks. For example, it now takes 3 days to do the laundry that I used to do in 1. (Incidentally doing laundry no longer means washing/drying/folding/ putting away. It now means starting a load and hopefully remembering before 1:00 in the morning that there are wet clothes that need to go into the dryer...hence the 3-day time-frame). It also takes a day and a half to empty the dishwasher, one week to clean the playroom, and infinity to check my email. No exaggeration.
Another fun fact: these days, making dinner consists of making a mess of I-don't-know-what all over the counter, then leaving the refrigerator open and/or the water running while I rush out of the room for [insert crisis here], then coming back to soggy noodles, scalded burners, and/or a running garbage disposal.
The new reality is that in our house, beds are perpetually unmade, the carpet is perpetually unvacuumed, meals are often cereal/sandwiches, and the kitchen floor has not been mopped in an exorbitant amount of weeks.
Good thing we all love each other and cut each other some slack. And thank goodness things will get back to some semblance of normal in the not-so-distant future....right?
It does get back to normal. Of course... it is usually right before you will get pregnant with number 4!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't say it every gets back to "normal"....and how long it takes to gets back to "better" would depend on how good baby #3 is! I'm just now getting back to "normal" and it's been a year! :) Hang in there! It does get better.
ReplyDeleteHey. If you ever need/want to send the older girls over for some "Frank (or Patti)-time" you are more than welcome to! Just give us a call! Then if you want you can spend time pretending you just have one or catching up on unfinished stuff.
ReplyDeleteyOUR POST MADE ME LOVE YOU EVEN MORE:-) Life certainly is crazy.....When I had my third, it threw me through a loop. You are awesome and have a great perspective on things:-)))
ReplyDelete