Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Monday, August 10, 2009

Cruisin' on a Sunday Afternoon

So, remember that one time that Craig and I went on a cruise....like 3 months ago? Yeah, I have been so upset about being back from the cruise that I wasn't emotionally prepared to discuss the details of such a wonderful vacation. After some counseling, I am doing much better now and I finally feel like I am in a place where I can share our lovely adventure with our few followers. (Here is where I should mention that I still haven't even finished blogging about our Disneyland trip in April. Counseling for that experience is ongoing, so you can look forward to those new-old posts sometime in the future.) Hope you enjoy as we all revisit our most vacationy vacation ever.

Our fabulous waiters and fun table mates, Easton and Grace.

This was one of the only clocks on the cruise we could find,
on the very top deck. What is Carnival running, anyway, a casino?

Tiny, tiny hallways.


So this is what the ship looked like close up.
I couldn't believe how huge it was.


Here is our tiny room...one bed, a tv in the corner, and that's it.

For our "convenience," Carnival wanted to charge us $1.95 for a
can of soda in our room. Soda lovers though we are, we refrained.

These are the robes we wore once for a picture, and didn't buy for $50. Such self-control.


Cutie honey and polluting cruise ship, taking off from the harbor.


Beautiful, beautiful Catalina Island. I could live there,
but their Vons is seriously overpriced.
Oh yeah, and I'm not a millionaire.

Golf carts are the main transportation on the Island.
I think the waiting list to have a car there is about 15 or 16 years.

Here we are on a quaint island tour bus. In the background are Grace and Easton, who we didn't actually meet until that night at dinner. When we figured out that we were on the same tour bus together, Grace said, "wow, you two clean up nice!" Hee hee.

More Island views.



On the chilly beach at Catalina. Too bad Craig doesn't know a yummy candy when he sees one.

Here's an underwater view from our semi-submersible submarine tour. Way more fun than the Finding Nemo ride at Disneyland, with a much shorter line.

Okay, so I'm not a fan of chess, but that doesn't mean that I can't
love a huge chess set when I see one.

Windy miniature golf on the top deck of the ship.
One of a few things to do for the non-drinkers aboard.

Chilly willy up on deck.

Here was our creepily fascinating maitre' d. He called himself 007.

Oh, the things we can do when the kids aren't around!

One of the last glorious moments before heading off the ship. Sigh.

This is how long we stalled to get off
the boat. Ours was almost the
last luggage to be picked up in the terminal.

At least we got to come home to these snuggle buckets.
Bon Voyage, Carnival Cruise Lines, til we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you posting again! I thought Craig was going to lean over and say "I'm King of the World" in that one pollution photo. Looks like you guys had an awesome time.(Hey, I think Good and Plenty's are yummy too.)

    ReplyDelete