All rantings and ravings and daily craziness aside, I must stress just how much I love my life. (Get it? Stress? Hee hee.) After a visit to Craig's work last week, walking through the lonely and stark aisles of gray cubicle-land, I was reminded of what a huge blessing it is that I am able to be home with the girls every day. Granted, the word freedom is a little loaded when you consider that it involves dragging little tykes along on every errand that I run, but really, I must say that I'd rather be home with my girls everyday, knee deep in their shenanigans, than anywhere else in the whole wide world. I will be the first to admit that the girls are crazy, and loud, and impatient, and sometimes sneaky, but they are also cuddly, and silly, and helpful, and thoughtful, and wonderful, and hilarious, and I love them like crazy.
Although my pre-marital visions of motherhood didn't involve yelling, or messes, or an exhausted and aging body, my life has materialized in ways that are so much better than anything I ever could have anticipated.
I must remember that I am literally living the life that I have always wanted to live, and even if that life is a bit trying at times, I can recognize that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
I totally know how you feel. I hate the fact that I cannot read one email on the computer without someone breaking something or writing on something they aren't supposed to. At least you have the cruise to look forward to. It will be a wonderful time to rejuvenate and spend some adult time and then you will feel even better when you get home.
ReplyDeleteThey are great girls. I wou;dn't mind being home with them in the least. Wanna trade? :)
ReplyDelete