Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Monday, November 28, 2016

HOT-ober Happenings

Good ol' October in Phoenix. The time of year when I shake my fist at the weather because it is somehow STILL not time to wear pants. Or turn off the air conditioning. Or open the windows.

But.

It's better than freezing for most of the year, so I will try to stop complaining.

This October was jam-packed, as usual. It was fun and busy, but I, for one, am glad for a calmer, less frantic November. The only thing I miss about October is the pumpkin seeds. I could eat those things all. year. long.

We started the month off with the Fun Run. This year Spencer stayed with Grandma Linda so that he didn't have to be tortured with hours of watching other people running. I, on the other hand, was tortured with hours of watching other people running for the 5th year in a row. Okay, just kidding, it wasn't really torture. I truly am proud of these guys for their stamina and willingness to participate in something out of their comfort zone.






October also included Craig's favorite fall-time activity...carving PUMPKINS! He is grateful that the kids are all finally old enough to carve their own pumpkins while he sits back, takes photographs, and watches. Hahahahaha...maybe in another 15 years that will be the case. But, Julia DID design and do most of hers, so that is definitely something.






In October, we also worked on spelling our names with giant sticks. These guys are pros, I tell you. They barely needed practice at all.




And, last but not least (actually not last, because there is still Halloween to write about in a forthcoming post...but you know what I mean) we enjoyed our 5th Vocabulary Parade at MPE. The kids all chose the word "Photo," which made our lives considerably easier this year. But I tell ya, I sure look forward to the time when we have 0 to 1 costumes to deal with for this yearly learning opportunity.




Oh, and did I mention that the girls also got awards of awesomeness in the month of Hot-tober? Yesiree. Lexa was student of the month for her class, and Savanna was the art student of the month for the third grade. These cuties are top notch, Plus, Craig and I were already at the school for the Vocabulary Parade that morning, so it really was a win-win for everyone. Thanks, MPE for saving me an extra a trip to the school. (You know, since I'm already there twice a day, anyway.)

There you have it. We survived October. And, most of November, incidentally, but you'll just have to wait to hear about all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment