Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Time Flies (But At Least the Olympics Are Almost Here)

Trying hard to figure out just exactly when the little girl on the right became the little girl on the left.


When the pictures on the right were taken, I joked about Julia becoming a synchronized swimmer at the ripe old age of 11, in time for the Summer 2016 Olympics. Of course, I knew in my heart that 6 years would never pass and that Julia would never actually become 11 years of age, and that the 2016 Olympics would never actually get here, so I was safe to make all the jokes I wanted to about it.

Except, look. 

She accidentally aged 6 years when she was meant to stay a pre-kindergartner forever.

My only solace is that in this span of six forbidden years, she has become, inside and out, such a beautiful girl who is truly a joy (and a riot!) to be around.

Oh, and also that it's almost time for the Summer Olympics once again.

That makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment