Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Sunday, February 7, 2016

When We Were Six

So this happened. Miss Lexa turned SIX on February 1st and now I have to admit to myself that our littlest girl is inching away from littleness day by day. (Since apparently the fact that she pours her own cereal, packs her own lunch, picks her own outfits, expertly mothers her baby cousin, and goes to kindergarten all day wasn't enough of an indication of that.)

She continues to be a delightful companion, an independent thinker, a helper extraordinaire, a talented performer, a conscientious rule follower, a master hugger, and a ray of sunshine in every way.

All 2,196 days spent with this sweet girl have filled my heart beyond expression. I never thought I'd have a best friend in a six-year-old, but I certainly do. I love the person she is and the person she is becoming each day.

(Speaking of who she is becoming, she informed me the other day that she'd like to be a dentist and a star when she grows up.: "A dentist during the day, and a star during the night.")

I don't think we could love her any more.










Now if I could just freeze time...

3 comments:

  1. a dentist and a star --- that's one ambitious child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a dentist and a star --- that's one ambitious child!

    ReplyDelete