It was cold. It was very cold. (We certainly got the break we were looking for.)
The first day (Saturday) was mostly consumed with getting to the airport at a ridiculously early hour, flying to Seattle, getting to the cruise ship and standing in lots of long lines to get ourselves and our luggage checked in. We had a little bit of time to kill in Seattle, but since we were lugging giant suitcases around like we were on a mission transfer, we decided to just get right on the ship and not see any of the sights. (Luckily for me, I got to see lots of cool stuff when I was in Seattle in July, otherwise, I probably would have been disappointed.) We didn't leave port until the afternoon so all there was to do that day was eat a yummy lunch and take a nap until the lifeboat drill. (Yes, there was lots and lots of napping on this trip. And also reading. It was divine.)
After that, we were still pretty exhausted from traveling and pulling suitcases around, so we called it a day and went to bed early like responsible (and very tired) adults.
The hour of booty early sure makes for some lovely sunrises
I have one word: MASSIVE
killing a few minutes before checking in
Beautiful Seattle
I have one word: teeny
The room was small but it was perfect for our needs. Napping, reading, and
watching television on our at-sea days were all accomplished very comfortably.
Cruise ships are not for the claustrophobic, I'll tell you that much.
Stay tuned for Ketchikan, our first port!
You had me at napping and reading. Sigh. I can't wait to see more!!
ReplyDeleteNow I know for sure I will never take a cruise. 1: I get seasick, 2: Open waters terrify me, and 3: I get a little claustrophobic. Ha! The napping and reading sound amazing, though! Glad you had a great time!
ReplyDelete