Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, February 21, 2013

This Was Not My Idea

I am all about letting the girls have some "sensory experiences,"  (as we call uncommon messes at our house) but I firmly draw the line at styrofoam. Since Craig is the much funner parent, he went ahead and let the girls dig into some blocks of it that came from a recent furniture purchase, with the agreement (for my sake) that he would clean up the results. The girls loved it, and it bought my sweet husband and I about 20 uninterrupted evening minutes together (quite a rare feat these days). I just stayed out of the room so as to avoid a nervous breakdown. (There is just something about Mommies and uncontained messes that don't mix, I tell you.)

Behold, the results.



They were just getting started here...I wasn't actually hyperventilating yet


No, the mess did not stay inside the box...


...but this is one of the cutest packages ever to come inside the house.


Lex had to come inside from the wintry wonderland for a smackerel of...candy corn?
Wait, we still have some of that?


We just about had to shovel the living room after this blizzard.


True to his word, Craig cleaned it all up, minus
 a few flurries that got loose in the rest of the house.


(Though, he got to vacuum, uninterrupted, for 45 minutes, while I put the kids 
to bed by myself...I'm still deciding who got the raw end of the deal on that one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment