Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Starving Child

In an effort to get Savanna to eat a little bit more at meals, I am trying something new today. Instead of giving her a snack 15 minutes after lunch (which is pretty much the norm because she never eats enough at mealtime) I am having her wait a couple hours.

So far, it's gone this well:

"Mommy when can I eat?"
"Can I eat yet because I'm so starving!"
"My mouth is so super dry because I need something to eat!"
"Is it time for me to eat yet?"

...accompanied by lots and lots (and lots) of whining.

I figure two things will come of this.

1. She'll remember, in the future, that she needs to eat more at meals because she won't get a snack right away afterwards anymore.

2. She'll remember how mean I am.

Not to be a pessimist, but I'm banking on number 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment