The first fear is one that lingers from childhood: going all the way up and around on the swings. (If you are a Mythbusters fan, you know that this fear/myth has already been debunked...the only way that they could get a dummy on a swing to go all the way around was to strap it to a rocket. This dummy, nevertheless, remains petrified at the prospect.)
The second fear is a more recent yet similarly unjustified one: my sister's insanely steep driveway. To see it from the bottom, you would think you were looking up at Mt. Everest. The air looks thinner, the winds look stronger, and it appears impossibly cold at the top. (As evidenced in this photograph of a picturesque Southern California day...but don't let it fool you.) Thank goodness for the excellent foresight on my sister's part to have oxygen tanks hidden in the bushes down at the bottom. And the Sherpas really come in handy, too.
Maybe someday I will conquer these fears and maybe someday I won't. For now, admitting that I have a problem will just have to be the first step in the long road to recovery.
I only hope that that road does not end in a driveway.
Sorry to laugh at your anxiety, but I'm laughing right now:-) You are too funny, and it is good to know that I am not the only one out here that has similar anxieties:-))
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! My brothers driveway is just like that and I hate it! My mom and I always park at the bottom and lug our stuff up in because we're too chicken to park the car all the way up there. So, you're not alone ;) And thanks SOOO much for dinner-you're so so sweet!
ReplyDeleteWow, that was kind of them to put in stairs so that you can actually access the house from the road on foot (if you had to - what a work out)!
ReplyDeleteThe picture from the bottom really doesn't look that bad. But when I scrolled down to see the picture from the top - ho boy! Scary!
ReplyDeleteGuess that means you should start staying at mom & dad's. Nice flat round driveway. :)
ReplyDelete