Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conference Weekend

Ah, General Conference...that blessed time twice a year when we listen to much-needed counsel from the leaders of the Church from the comfort of our own homes (preferably while eating cinnamon rolls and wearing our favorite pajamas.) I feel like I got a lot out of Conference this time around, specifically in the form of resolving to seek for better things in my life and to stretch myself to do more and be better in my every-day endeavors.

Conference is a trade-off of sorts. While it provides a kind of spiritual cleansing for the individual, I admit that it ironically simultaneously serves as a mini-disaster for the house. Since it requires 4 hours of adult attention to a television broadcast both Saturday and Sunday, munchkins tend to get away with much more than they otherwise might under normal circumstances. So while our spirits were refreshed, sensory experiences and adventure-mongering for the little ones were had in abundance, leaving our once-clean home looking like this:


That's okay, though, because I've come to realize that this is what Conference is all about: ignoring the children for hours at a time in an effort to become better parents...and that's okay.

1 comment:

  1. That's about how our house looks right now, but I don't have kids to blame! Just a baby... he causes messes but doesn't make them himself so I can't blame him :) And on a random note, I noticed you like The Awakening... I love that book!

    ReplyDelete