Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Katie's Top 10 Reasons Why Blogging is Better than Homework

It's almost 8:30 at night, and I am sitting at the computer under the guise of doing homework. Only I'm not doing homework. Why, you ask? Well, it's certainly not because I don't need to do homework...actually, I have to finish a paper on liberalism by tonight. It's really more about how I don't want to do homework. You see, homework is lame. Blogging is better. Here's why:

1. No one grades me on my blog posts. (Well, okay, maybe the 7 of you who actually read this blog are secretly internalizing all of my deficiencies and guarding them in your hearts in a "grade-like" manner. But I don't care. Know why? Because your petty judgments don't affect my GPA.)

2. The blogging-lords do not insist that I create my posts in APA format. No title page. No abstract. No running head. No reference page. You get the point.

3. Liberalism Schmiberalism. Talking about my awesome kids is way more important.

4. History 108, contrary to popular belief, is not a course on the fascinating history of my life. It's not even a course on people I know. (Unless you count King Louis XVI, but he and I were just college roommates, not BFFs. Don't get me wrong, though, I was totally bummed out when he got executed.) If History 108 doesn't care about me, then I don't care about History 108.

5. I can blog without spending $83.64 on a stinking USED history textbook. (Okay, to be fair, it was only $82 before tax.)

6. Blogging helps me to think about the pleasant things in life, like my cute kids and their shenanigans...much more fun than thinking about revolutions and global crises.

7. No due dates on blog posts. I can whip 'em out as fast or slow as I want.

8. Homework assignments never require me to go through the pictures on my computer and find the best one that matches the assignment. (They should, though. I have an adorable shot of Julia inventing the cotton gin.)

9. All of the material for blog posts is already in my head. No reading required. I never have to learn anything new; on the contrary, I can bask in my already-more-than-sufficient wealth of knowledge.

10. Homework is not funny. I am.

Well, that being said, I guess I should get back to it. Homework, that is. You'll just have to wait 'til I'm done for another one of these beauties.

2 comments:

  1. You are indeed definitely funnier than homework. And let's be honest, Julia is WAY cuter than that Eli Whitney character. And John Locke?? I've seen pictures of him, and he can't even hold a candle to Savanna. Just saying.

    P.S. This blog post gets an A++++++ (insert scene from A Christmas Story here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to post that cotton gin picture.

    Great posts. I love that rocking picture of Craig.

    ReplyDelete